The Initial Consultation And First NovoTHOR® Treatment
- Paperwork – including medical history* and consent. If you would like to save yourself a little time on your initial consultation click/tap the pdf or word icon below to view the PBM Therapy Clinic medical history form. Fill out the form using a text editor of your choice and then upload it using the contact form lower down on this page. Alternatively you can print it off, fill it out by hand then take a picture or scan it and upload it to the contact form. If you do not fill it out and send it to us before hand don’t worry, we will just ask you to arrive earlier for your consultation to do it then.
- Initial assessment and medical history review by our highly qualified health professional
- Induction together with explanation of the process and the likely outcome for you
- Frequency and interval of sessions needed to see an improvement
- Your first PBM Therapy session using our NovoThor® Whole body Photobiomodulation light bed pod
The cost for this Initial Consultation and NovoThor® treatment is £80 and the total time needed will be up to one and a half hours.
How long does a standard NovoTHOR treatment session take?
As you are totally enclosed by the NovoTHOR light bed pod and so close to the source of powerful red and near infrared light, treatment times are probably not as long as you would think. Consensus in the research field is that 15 minutes is the ideal time to achieve the maximum physiological benefit. Research has shown that this is the optimum treatment time. This means that less time means you do not get the full benefit. Equally, perhaps contrary to what you would expect, a longer treatment time isn’t actually better as it causes the benefit to reverse. The easiest way to think of PBM Therapy dose/irradiance is either:-
- Getting a health benefit from being in the sun’s UV light and making vitamin D. Too little sun and you do not make any Vitamin D, too much sun is harmful and you burn with negative health effects. There is a ‘Goldilocks point’ of being just right which for most patients, is 15 minutes
- Alternatively think of any medication either from a doctor or pharmacist – there is always a recommended dose based on science e.g. a tablet twice in 24 hrs or 2 lots of 5 ml of cough syrup per 24 hrs. This is optimal, less does not help but more is not better and can actually be bad for you.